Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A note about wedding shows.....
They are both grueling and rewarding.  My day of a show usually starts at 5am.  Load in for the event is typically 8am and your booth has to be completely set up by door open time which is noon.  In looking at the picture of my booth you can tell it is a rather involved process.  As photographer booths go, it is likely one of the more involved displays.  Why?  Well I genuinely care about your opinion of my work and my display.  I am a professional; therefore I must maintain that appearance.  Too many don't take the expos seriously.  It is quite an investment, many times near or over $1000 for the space.  All of this to be able to visit with around 6-800 brides and their fiancees and families.  If all of this is done correctly, you book appointments and ultimately the wedding.  It really is exciting.  I love to met and talk with all of those people, and of course it doesn't hurt to get all of the compliments about how wonderful the booth and display looks.  They can tell who puts forth the effort and who is just "there".
So, if you have been to one of these shows, make sure you compliment the vendors you think did an exceptional job with their displays.  Even if you don't need their services it goes a long way.  Everyone likes to get an "at a boy", even you!

No comments:

Post a Comment